November 12 Update




Dear Family and Friends,

Just a little update on my last trip to Mayo in which I had my thyroid removed due to Grave’s disease and one small, cancerous nodule.

I want to thank everyone for all the prayers and intercession. Everything went very well and was straightforward according to the doctors. My surgeon was happy with the results: total thyroidectomy, with one very small nodule with a very slow-growing, non-aggressive carcinoma which was removed and showed no infiltration anywhere.

My voice right now is about an octave lower than usual and not very loud, so please be patient with me on that one. It’s normal but may take some time to return fully. They were not concerned because they said they easily identified the vocal cords and nerves and they were well protected during the surgery.

It will take some time for adjustment to the meds but I am already experiencing the relief of some of the effects of hyperactive thyroid. One of them is a lessening of hand tremors which had become pretty bad. I no longer feel as though I have an electrical current running through my body. That is a huge blessing.

I am so very grateful for all your care and concern and especially your prayer. I want to thank the angels who attended during surgery and of course Our Blessed Mother, and Jesus, Who was very present to me in some of my apprehensions about being able to breathe after surgery. (Never was a problem.)

I’d like to leave you with a little prayer to St. Raphael that mirrors the St. Michael prayer. He is a powerful intercessor for health.

God bless you all!

St. Raphael’s Healing Prayer

St. Raphael the Archangel, defend us from all sickness. Be our defense against illness and infirmity, we humbly pray. And do thou, oh prince of heavenly healing, by the power of God, cast all diseases, epidemics, disorders, and malignancies from us that endanger us bodily, emotionally, and spiritually, so that we may use our good health to do God’s will, in Jesus name. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Workers In The Vineyard - Update

October 4th Update

September 26, 2019 Update